Easter at Harvest

Wow! What an Easter we had at Harvest!

More than 22,000 people showed up on our church campus over the weekend to remember the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ.

We know of at least 378 people who made commitments to follow Christ, as well. We used all of our overflow facilities and our satellite campuses had record attendance too. It was just a wonderful day.

The weather was absolutely perfect and the people were blessed.

We are really looking forward to our new buildings that we building right now that will house another 1,700 people in overflow, along with new parking, 20 new Sunday school rooms, a dedicated youth ministry building, a media center, and an on-site baptismal.

Believe me, we will use all of it the day it opens!

If you came to one of our Easter weekend services, let me know your thoughts.

Greg

Here are some photos of the day:

A shot of the Harvest Bookstore and overflow crowd, just as the sun is rising.
A shot of the Harvest Bookstore and overflow crowd, just as the sun is rising.

Another photo from the overflow area, looking at the screen outside the Sanctuary, as the sun was beginning to rise.
Another photo from the overflow area, looking at that screen outside the Sanctuary, as the sun was beginning to rise.

The Harvest worship singers, with Steve Wiggins in the foreground.
The Harvest worship singers, with Steve Wiggins in the foreground.
(Photos by Kenton Jacobsen)

For more photos, check out the new Harvest Christian Fellowship Blog.

33 thoughts on “Easter at Harvest”

1. Stephen Douglas Wagner says:

Dear Greg,

Hay new website looks great and I hope that you let our Lord Jesus Christ keep working in your life and the life of others. Because what you all are doing down there is a blessing to people their and all around the world. I pray that one day the Lord Jesus will make a way for me to me in you in real life even thou I don’t listen all the time when I do get to here you preach it is a blessing to me and with the help of our Lord Jesus I get thou what I need to. I just want to thank you for all you have done not knowing.

Your Brother in Christ
    Stephen Douglas Wagner
    Toledo, Ohio

2. Elizabeth Clower says:

Hi Pastor Greg!
    Did you have communion on Sunday?
    I took part of communion at my church, North Park Christian Fellowship!
    Regards,
    Elizabeth Clower

3. Rita says:

I have been a Christian for a couple of years now, thanks in part to your radio ministry. But there is one question that I grapple with daily.

Why was Christ required to die for us? Was there truly no other way for us to be reconciled with God? I know we are sinful, but what father could require his son to pay the price. Couldn’t a God of infinite power and wisdom have come up with an easier way so that his precious Son wouldn’t have to suffer so badly?

Perhaps this is a dumb question, but it is truly something that has weighed on my heart for several years.

4. Paul in Spain says:

Dear Greg,

Thank you for being such a tremendous blessing in my life and in the lives of so many others.

I receive your daily reflections vía e-mail every day here in Barcelona and they are always a major ‘plus’ for me, especially during the workday. I *always* take a moment to read them, no matter how many e-mails there are to read.

They help me to keep my eyes on the Prize, on Jesús, the “Author and Finisher of my faith”!

Warmly,
    Paul Fleming

5. Alina says:

I pray God will bless the members of the church with their new facilities may it all be used towards the Glory and Praise of God Amen

6. Youtuber says:

I attended the easter service via online last Sunday. The pictures posted here made me miss H C F even more.

Pastor Greg please remember us “remote” e-members of H C F in your prayers. Also can you give us a shout out every Sunday? We are faithful church members who moved away from CA.

7. Kim says:

Greg:

I read your testimony….wow! You received the answer and decided to obey God. The outcome of your decision is so powerful, only God knows in His plan. You are one of today’s heroes in the Body. I am proud to call you my brother in Christ.

Kim

8. Valerie says:

Hello,
    Greg,

On my ride home from work, I enjoy hearing you each day. Thank you for your hard work in being so knowledgeable in the bible so that many people can be touched as you have touched me in the word. May we all find our gifts, purpose and time to grow as you have.

Bless you – From the East coast Chesapeake, Va.

9. Erin W says:

Hey Greg,

Great weekend at Harvest! While i missed sunrise service, The Orangecrest Satelite was wonderfuly packed and vibrant with worship!
    I only wish there would have been a close up on Hanz’ face when you tricked him into thinking they came out on stage early…would have been clasic.
    -Erin

10. Lisa says:

Happy Birthday!! May the Blessings of our Lord over take you!!!

11. disneymike says:

Hi Greg,

It’s wonderful to see so many coming to Harvest to celebrate the death and resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ! Thank you for your service. I will pray for your continuing effectiveness in preaching God’s word and leading souls to repentance.

-Michael

12. Kaye Esau says:

Good Morning

It has been almost a year now that my daughter and I have moved from Riverside, back home to Wichita Ks. We really miss not being able to attend services in person but so enjoy being able to attend by webcam. Thank you for your daily devotions. First thing I do as soon as I get up is to read those to start my day.
    God Bless
    Kaye

13. Dave says:

Greetings from a Catholic reader of your work on WorldNetDaily. I’ll bring my family to hear you sometime, but wish you were closer to South OC. Congratulations on the successful growth.

14. Vicki Welch says:

Good Morning,

What beautiful pictures and day to have to celebrate Christ. We had about 1 foot of snow for Easter morning in Michigan, but it was still a special morning.

I am very thankful that I have logged onto your website and get a chance to listen to you. You are helping me with thru some difficult times.

God Bless,
    Vicki

15. Erik says:

Greg:

I just wanted to submit a note of thanks and appreciation. Even though I have moved across the Country with work, I have felt as a member of Harvest for quite some time thanks to the tireless effort and commitment your staff puts to the Webcasts and Podcasts. I have often e-mailed Pastor Jeff with questions and have had interesting and enlightening discussions about Scripture.

Thank you, it is always nice to know that even though I may never set foot on the campus, I do feel like I can attend Harvest anytime I want to. What a blessing.

Best,
    Erik

16. Peggy Gates says:

I live in NY and my mom lives in FL and we wanted to attend Easter service together. I saw in your Easter email that you had live webcast services so we decided to ‘attend’ together online while we were on our cell phones. We were so blessed by your message and being together for Easter service. It’s amazing what is available in todays technological society. Thank you so much for this online ministry. We are also blessed daily by your Harvest Daily Devotion.

17. Ron Pauley says:

Thanks you for your daily devotional. I am not very strucured and having a daily devotional sent to my computer at least gets me starting the day off with some scripture. Thanks from florida. Ron

18. Muddy says:

It is always overwhelming (in a good way) when I sit by my computer and watch a Harvest service or one of the crusades and see a large amount of people give their life to Christ. To see new believers come to Christ never gets old. I sit with my eyes big, and mouth wide open praising God for the work He has done and continues to do there.

Love the photos and am enjoying your blogging.

19. Trisha Pena says:

Pastor Greg,

We loved service yesterday my father after a 9 year absence from attending any church went forward yesterday and I was so touched my mother and he decided it was their time and I could not thank God more his blessings are truly amazing!

God Bless,

Trisha Pena

20. Levi Lusko says:

great shot of the sunrise service, I’d love to have one out here but it would have to be indoors, spring is still chilly in Montana! I watched the webcast from harvest 3rd service, great message! Great to see so many respond to the invitation!